Source of asphalt waste gas
The sources of asphalt smoke emission are very wide, and the sources are as follows:
(1) the industrial hot processing process of producing asphalt in coking, refining, etc;
(2) the process of heating asphalt to produce asphalt products;
(3) the process of heating asphalt to pave roads, repair houses or make anticorrosive coating;
(4) the process of heating or burning asphalt products, oil, bituminous coal, wood and oil shale containing asphalt.
Characteristics of asphalt waste gas
(1) asphalt fume is characterized by easy adhesion and flammable explosion at a certain temperature. In the process of collection, transportation and smoke elimination of asphalt fume, it is very easy to adhere to the surface of pipes and equipment to form liquid to solid asphalt. It is very difficult to remove the consolidated asphalt, which often causes pipe blockage and equipment damage, so that the system can not operate normally.
(2) the composition of asphalt fume is very complex, which varies with the source of asphalt. There are not only solid and liquid particles formed by condensation of volatile components of asphalt, but also organic matters in steam state in asphalt flue gas. Some organic matters are polymer, which will cause serious pollution to the environment.
(3) there are many kinds of organic compounds in the flue gas, including carbon cyclohydrocarbon, cyclohydrocarbon derivatives and other compounds, which are harmful to human health.
(4) pitch smoke contains benzopyrene, benzoanthracene, carbazole and other polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and most of them are carcinogenic and strongly carcinogenic. The particle size is mostly between 0.1-1.0 μ m, the smallest is only 0.01 μ m, the largest is about 10.0 μ m, which is represented by 3,4-benzopyrene. The main way of its harm to human health is to attach to the dust below 8um and inhale into human body through respiratory tract.