———————————————◆ Exhaust gas analysis ◆———————————————
Methanol waste gas hazard
(1) the toxicity of methanol has the greatest impact on the nervous system and blood system of human body. It will produce toxic reactions when ingested through the digestive tract, respiratory tract or skin. Methanol vapor can damage the respiratory tract mucosa and vision of human.
(2) the symptoms of acute poisoning include headache, nausea, stomachache, fatigue, blurred vision and blindness, and then dyspnea, leading to respiratory center paralysis and death. The chronic toxic reactions were vertigo, lethargy, headache, tinnitus, visual acuity decline and digestive disturbance. If the intake of methanol is more than 4G, the poisoning reaction will occur. If a small cup is taken by mistake and more than 10g, the blindness will be caused, and if the intake is large, the death will be caused. The lethal dose is more than 30 ml. methanol is not easy to be discharged in the body, and it will accumulate. Formaldehyde and formic acid are also toxic when they are oxidized in the body.
(1) after the dust and granular substances are removed by pretreatment, the waste gas is sent to the activated carbon adsorber I and II. When the activated carbon adsorber I is close to saturation, the treatment gas is automatically switched to the activated carbon adsorber II (the adsorption operation of the activated carbon adsorber I stops), and then the activated carbon adsorber I is desorbed and desorbed with hot gas flow to desorb the organic matters from the activated carbon. In the desorption process, the organic waste gas has been concentrated, and the concentration has increased dozens of times than before, reaching more than 2000 ppm. The concentrated waste gas is sent to the catalytic decomposition unit, and finally discharged as CO2 and H2O.
(2) after the desorption, the activated carbon adsorber I will enter the standby state. When the activated carbon adsorber II is close to saturation, the system will switch back automatically, and at the same time, the activated carbon adsorber II will be desorbed and desorbed, so it will work in cycle.
(3) when the concentration of organic waste gas reaches more than 2000 ppm, the catalytic bed can maintain spontaneous combustion without external heating. The scheme not only greatly saves energy consumption, but also reduces equipment investment because the treatment capacity of catalytic decomposer only needs 1 / 5 of the original waste gas treatment capacity (60000m3 / h). This scheme is not only suitable for continuous work, but also suitable for intermittent work.